Corpus Christi TAMUCC
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
S&E-School Of Engineering & Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary:
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The Postdoctoral Research Associate will work with Prof. Miguel Cid Montoya on a project on bridge aeroelasticity and wind-resistant design and optimization of structures. In addition, the postdoc scholar will help the Principal Investigator write research proposals and participate in other academic activities when needed.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in working on a project on bridge aeroelasticity and wind-resistant design and optimization of structures.
- Design, organize, and conduct research.
- Propose research ideas.
- Assist in writing research proposals.
- Write technical reports and publish findings and papers.
- Provide assistance with teaching loads when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or other related fields with focus on computational fluid dynamics, bridge aeroelasticity, or wind engineering.
- Strong background in wind engineering.
- Track record of publications in top journals/conferences in bluff body aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, or wind and bridge engineering.
- Knowledge of CFD simulations, AI techniques, FE modeling, Python, Matlab, Latex.
- Experience with CFD simulations including 2D and 3D simulations, with both static and dynamic meshes, URANS and LES, different turbulence models, and using open-source software (OpenFoam, Salome, etc.).
- Experience in applying AI techniques, from surrogates to deep-learning techniques.
- Experience in developing and parametrizing FE models of civil engineering structures.
- Experience in applying optimization algorithms.
- Experience in working with multiple computer languages, including Python, Matlab, bash, etc.
- Experience in working in parallel computing environments, i.e. HPC clusters.
- For full consideration, please submit the following documents to your application:
- Updated CV with a full list of publications and detailed research experience.
- One (1) page research statement including future vision.
- List of references.
- This position is currently grant funded for two (2) years. Continued employment is contingent upon continued funding.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.