Senior Wind Engineer
Structural Wind Loading
Bridge and Solar Aerodynamics
Portland or Philadelphia
RWDI is a global engineering consulting firm, bringing our wide range of experience and skills together to develop a better, holistic solution for our clients. We share a
fundamental dedication to earning the trust and exceeding expectations of our clients.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Wind Engineering Team as a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with experience and/or understanding of wind loading of structures, bridge and solar aerodynamics, and/or wind-induced microclimate effects.
The successful candidate would join one of our existing US offices or be located in another US geography with the intention of expansion.
This role may include (depending on experience), but is not limited to:
- Analysis, consulting, and oversight in the following areas:
- Aerodynamics and wind response of long and flexible aeroelastic structures (e.g., long-span bridges and solar arrays).
- Wind loading on buildings, building elements, building façade, and other special structures including solar arrays.
- Pedestrian wind comfort.
- Snow Drifting
- Snow Loading
- Falling Ice and Snow
- Solving challenging engineering problems related to one or more of the above areas in consultation with engineering, architectural and industrial
- Preparation, review, and sealing of final work product as appropriate;
- Support for project delivery, marketing, and business development;
- Working under the general supervision of a Team Leader and collaborating with Practice Area Leaders with considerable latitude and encouragement for the exercise of independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in at least one state with willingness to become licensed in additional states.
- Knowledge and experience of bluff body aerodynamics
- Knowledge of structural dynamics and structural loading
- Experience with experimental methods (e.g., wind tunnel, water flume, instrumentation, etc.).
- Experience with experimental methods as well as numerical/computational methods (e.g., CFD, machine learning, etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of the design of structures and/or knowledge and application of wind and snow sections of building codes (i.e., NBCC, ASCE-7) is an asset.
- Experience with scientific computing/data science (e.g. Excel/VBA, Python, Octave, Matlab, C/C++, Fortran, etc.) and LaTex is an asset.
- An aptitude for practical problem solving and proven ability to successfully meet deadlines.
Candidates should also possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision
- Exceptional organizational capabilities, coordination and consultation skills
- Strong people and team skills as well as highly motivated
Please submit your cover letter and resume at the following link:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.
Download this opportunity as a PDF